Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lyndsay's guitar body back from the finisher

I have my guitars finished by a guy who makes his living finishing guitars.  No kidding.  That's what he does.  He is better at this part of guitar making than I am so I get him to do it.
In fact, I think he is better at this than anybody, and I have seen a few guitar finishes.

rope purfling

Crazy Koa back and sides with Brazilian RW binding, and maple/walnut purfling lines


I am still doing a little touch up work on the neck, but this guitar will be out the door in a few weeks.
You can see the mortises that I put in the top to facilitate neck removal.  You can see the sound port on the side of the guitar that acts like a monitor for the player and some how enhances the sound out front as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment